Bed Time Dreaming
Bed times can be challenging at times, but it can also be a special time to tuck your little ones in and have some one on one bonding time through reading & story telling.
Make bedtime fun – here are a few tips from us:
- Create a fun space to sleep in , bring the bed to life with a house bed , drape night lights, linen or hang pom poms for a creative cozy space to fall asleep in.
- Create your own family bedtime rituals – whether it’s a walk outside for fresh-air , listening to your favourite song or reading chosen stories.
- Turn the lights off and with a torch make animal shapes with your hands – for some fun!
- Treasure sleep hunt – hide a few of the things that complete bedtime in your home – for example Pajamas, their favourite sleeping bunny or bear, stories to read , slippers, toothbrush, a favourite blanket … make the trail all the way to their bedrooms.
- Use this time to share – let your little ones open up about what made them happy in the day , and what bothered them in the day. You may find insight to why your little one was playing up at some point.
- Contact is key – there is no such thing as too many hugs and kisses along with some kind words.